Anxiety House Brisbane offers clients Virtual Reality Therapy as part of its treatment approach to anxiety, where treatment indicates the usefulness of this platform. As a relatively new evidence-based treatment, this up-to-date technology has enhanced the way we offer therapeutic treatments and can help you make significant gains in your management of your health and wellbeing. Our clinicians are trained in the use and application of Virtual Reality Therapy and can support you in learning how to integrate this into your treatment.
What is VR?
Virtual Reality or VR is the use of computer technology to create a simulated environment. Using a head-mounted display (HMD), it is an immersive experience where users are ‘inside’ the experience rather than viewing a screen in front of them. Through creating a 3D world, users are able to experience a more realistic environment which can be helpful in the treatment of conditions where interacting with a virtual world is necessary or helpful.
When do we use it?
VR Therapy can be used across a range of mental health conditions and is often used in conjunction with more traditional treatment approaches such as CBT and ACT. It has been useful in the treatment of disorders such as anxiety, specific phobia, panic disorder, agoraphobia, generalised anxiety, social anxiety, and performance anxiety. It can also help with attention management, and the treatment of eating disorders, OCD, ADHD, and pain management. By combining current technology with evidenced based treatments, you are being provided with a multi-faceted treatment approach that can be more beneficial to you as you work on your treatment goals.
What are the benefits?
VR Therapy provides our clients with more privacy when engaging in exposure tasks, particularly in the early stages of treatment where ‘real-world’ exposure is difficult or highly anxiety provoking. It is easy and accessible to our clients, creates a safer environment, and allows a repeated or prolonged exposure that may otherwise be unrealistic or unachievable. More importantly, VR Therapy gives you and your therapist greater control over your treatment experiences, offers a more targeted approach, and a more personalised treatment plan that meets your treatment needs.
Is it effective?
Currently, VR Therapy has the backing of 10+ years of controlled studies that have proven its effectiveness. There are over 20 publications from researchers around the world that report treatment outcomes that support the use of VR Therapy. This research has covered an array of mental health conditions across the lifespan, providing confidence in the effectiveness of VR Therapy. You can take a look at the research here: https://psious.com/science/
Although current research suggests the effectiveness of this treatment, here at Anxiety House Brisbane, we are using Feedback Informed Therapy and treatment measures to expand our understanding of the benefits that VR offers to our own clients.
Interested in joining our team at Anxiety House Brisbane (AHB)?
- Masters and/or Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Eligible for registration with AHPRA as an endorsed “Clinical Psychologist” or eligibility for the clinical psychology registrar program
- Eligible for Medicare registration
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Clinical supervision
- Supportive team environment
- Peer mentoring
- Modern refurnished consulting rooms
- Stream of referrals
- Psychiatry input with our sister practice Oxford Clinic
- On site educational and developmental assessments
- Full-time on-site reception services
- Company email
- Practice management software
- Continued professional development offerings as a team
- Marketing service
- Private practice mentoring
- Career development and company progression
- Free training in OCRD and Eating Disorders
- Working in a well-established clinic with a solid reputation
- Be part of a larger organisation with sister clinics in Brisbane (double CPD)
- Attractive remuneration
- Ability to develop your skills within niche areas
- Paid Clinical Registrar Program
If you’re interested, please complete the form below and we will reach out to you.